Emergency Closure Procedure
Emergency Closure Details
The health and safety of all children and staff members is our number one priority at all times. Any decision to close school will not be taken without due consideration.
In the event of extreme weather conditions/critical incident, please note the following points:
- The school will OPEN providing all reasonable measures can be put in place to do so safely. (This decision will be made in consultation with various agencies and other local schools).
- If we are open, we would like pupils to attend however weather and road conditions can vary so parents/guardians must make the final decision on whether or not it is safe for their child to travel.
- On arrival, pupils should report immediately to their classroom. Pupils who are late should report to the school office as normal.
- The school buildings will be open for pupils to wait inside out of the very cold weather.
- During any periods of adverse weather, please keep checking where we will post any important information.
- Please note that this can change from one hour to the next, check the website before any pupils set off for school when the weather is particularly poor.
- Radio Leeds will broadcast details of all school closures so please tune in. The station will be extremely busy, please do not try and call for an update.
- Text messages will be sent to all parents.
- Please try to avoid phoning the school as this simply blocks the lines for all other incoming and outgoing calls.
- Keep checking the website and radio stations throughout the day/period for the latest information.
- A text message will be sent to all parents with the latest information.
- If the school has to close early, it is unlikely that pupils will be sent home before lunch.
- Pupils will not be allowed to leave the premises without a known adult and permission from the responsible parent.
- Pupils who cannot be collected will remain supervised on site.
- Should it be deemed unsafe to remain on the school site, all pupils and staff will be evacuated to an available and appropriate community building.
Mr G Hartford