Sports Coach Teaching Assistant
Job Sports Coach/Teaching Assistant required for full time permanent contract.
Required: September 2018
Working Hours: 32 ¾ Monday, Tuesday 8.00am to 4.30pm, Wednesday to Thursday 8.00am – 3.15pm. Friday 8.00am-2.15pm term time only. Lunch break 11.00am-12.00noon each day.
10 hours TA support 12 ¾ hours Sports Coach
Contract Type: 1 year
Purpose of job:
To work with the school’s PE coordinator and class teachers to enhance the quality of physical education and extra-curricular participation throughout the school.
To provide high quality sports and pupil activities at lunchtime, as well as before and after school support and enhance pupils’ access to high quality sports and physical education activities.
To help maintain the schools off-site sport profile, working with the PE coordinator to organise events and taking children to participate.
To support teaching and learning throughout the school and deliver specific interventions under the deployment of designated class teachers.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Willing to participate in the life and ethos of the school
- Well organised and committed to high standards
- Experienced and enthusiastic in leading PE and sport
- Passionate about enabling every child to fulfil their potential
- Creative in their approach to children’s learning
Committed to restorative approaches to maintaining excellent behaviour and relationships
In return we can offer:
- Strong continuing professional development and support
- Happy, well behaved, motivated children who enjoy coming to school
- A supportive, friendly and welcoming community
- The opportunity to work alongside a successful team of caring staff and governors.
- We are a busy, thriving school at Ben Rhydding in Ilkley with fantastic grounds, motivated children and a commitment to ensuring our children get a solid foundation to understanding sports and physical education.
Closing date for applications: 3.15pm Wednesday 5th September 2018
Short listing: Thursday 6th September 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 12th September 2018
Start date: ASAP after the interview date
Ben Rhydding Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS check and suitable references to be required before appointment is confirmed.
Forms available to download:
If you would like to arrange a visit to the School, please contact the School Business Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org